If The Home Edit is your go-to website and your time off is happily spent wandering through The Container Store, then we might be the right place for you!We are looking for a super organized, task orientated part time employee.Job will be primarily stock and inventory based, with some sales support and customer service as needed.
Must be able to work every weekend.
Previous retail experience. References required.
Knowledge of sewing.
Excellent customer service skills.
Able to lift and move 25-45 lbs. without assistance.
See below for a more detailed (and annoying legal HR descriptions)
Primary Responsibilities for a Stock and Sales Associate
A stock and sales associate is a hybrid role that deals with inventory management and floor sales. You are likely to remain busy throughout each shift, and the job of stock and sales associate will require customer service skills, along with a diligent work ethic to stock and organize inventory. This job role is common in retail, in which organizing and managing products fits naturally with customer interactions, sales on the floor and sales at the cash register. The exact responsibilities will vary, and they are often extensive and require developing a diverse skill set.
Stock Associate Duties
Stocking is not always an easy task, especially when customers handle and move merchandise. The stock associate must know where every product is supposed to sit in the store. The stock associate will monitor stock levels and fill shelf space, as needed. The stock associate is also tasked with locating misplaced stock and relocating that product to its correct position. You will follow a guideline as to where everything belongs, and the stock associate will be held to Sewing Arts product placement standards. Merchandising is essentially the way in which a product is displayed. The goal is to make everything presentable and desirable to the consumer.
Selling on the floor is often done while stocking and managing inventory. When a customer enters the store and starts shopping, the store's stock associate greets the customer, and asks if the customer needs help finding anything. You will need to learn an intimate knowledge of the products and of product locations makes floor sales a natural fit in this crossover job position.
Register Sales and Checkout
In addition to stocking and selling on the floor, this role may require completing the sale at the register. This really depends on the day and how many other employees are present. Responsibilities at the register include scanning the price tags, ringing up the total, and managing cash and change, or running a credit card through the register. The associate has to deliver receipts to the customer, bag the items and, in some cases, the associate may even deal with returns and credits to an account.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stocker Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists management in achieving store appearance and maintenance standards.
- Assists customers.
- Provides feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties, and stocks shelves and displays neatly to maximize visibility and sales.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines.
- Replenishes stock on the sales floor as needed.
- Conducts regular store inventory.
- Uses inventory control software to log information.
- Assists managers and associates in preventing theft and maintaining proper inventory.
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to work every weekend.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses physical strength necessary to unload, lift, and carry heavy boxes.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Is familiar with inventory software.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exhibits familiarity with the range of a company’s products.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.